Sunday, March 29, 2009

In Loving Memory

Now that I have figured out how to crochet dresses I have decided to make them for the hospital...My dear friend Arah takes photos of babies that have passed away or that are going to pass away...I have been with her while taking these pictures and will hopefully be able to help out taking pictures soon...These photos are beautiful memories that the families cherish forever...A lot of these babies are so small that there are no clothes to fit them...I am grateful to be able to give them something that they can use...My Aunt Kris also sent me dresses to donate...My daughter Sierra and Arah's daughter Olivia were buried in dresses made by Kris so these dresses will all be donated in loving memory of Sierra and Olivia...



Here are the 5 dresses I made this weekend...The largest one in the photo is about 8 inches long...They seem so small but they will fit the babies perfectly...

Sierra Pixler

June 8, 2003-Aug. 3, 2003

Olivia Kunz

Nov. 11, 2007






3 comments:

Amanda Impett said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl I had never seen a picture of her and she is beautiful. I am glad though that you and your friend have found a way to turn your grief and your loss into a way to help other mom's and other families who are having to go through similar situations. The dresses are beautiful what a wonderful way to use your God given talents. Good for you.

Stephani said...

That is really neat Karen, the dresses are so cute. It really is awesome that you and Arah are so involved with helping others in such difficult times who you can relate so well to because of what you've been through yourselves. A true labor of love.

Renee' P said...

Karen, I didn't know you lost a baby girl. I'm SO sorry! The dresses are so beautiful! That is so great that they have something to wear for their burials.
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.