Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crocheted Dress

My aunt Kris Crochets beautiful dresses...I have been wanting to learn for a few years now but have never sat down with her and watched...In September she moved to West Virginia so getting together is not an option right now...At our craft fair last weekend I spent a little time studding one of her dresses and figured out how to make the top...so when I got home I started working on a dress...The first one I started was bigger than I wanted, so I put it aside and started another one...When it came to the skirt I just improvised...This is the finished dress...It is 0-3 months size...It also fits Ashlynn's build a bear perfect...I am very pleased with how it turned out...Kris what do you think?

7 comments:

Kris said...

karen you are amazing it looks wonderful. I love the stitching on the skirt it is great. You are going to but me out of the business.

Renee' said...

Karen it is beautiful. I wish I had a baby girl to put one of those on. I still want to know about you making me one of those bags. How much would you charge?

Anonymous said...

there you go again showing off all the talent I didn't get. :-) Julie did teach me how to do granny squares the other day and I taught her how to knit a hat. Of course she caught on to the knitting way faster then I got the granny squares but thats ok. Love you and miss you tons.

Stephani said...

That is so cute, I love the colors you chose. You could totally sell that, are you planning to?

Laura said...

Super cute Karen! Great job!!! You have always amazed me on how you can look at something and re-create it! Love ya girl!

Sarah or someone like her said...

It looks great! I can't believe you just made it up after looking at one, cuz I certainly couldn't do it!

julie said...

karen! this is awesome. i love the colors. i wish i knew how to crochet. you should start making hats and scarfs, i would sport them for you. :) i love the little dress your aunt made for lola. shes getting blessed sunday so i'll post some pictures of her in it.