Friday, July 25, 2008

Confessions of a stressed out Mom...

So here it goes...I am so stressed out these past few months...With Jeff out of town i feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders...It started with the move...I thought once we were in a bigger place with a yard that things would be easier for me this summer...Boy was I wrong...Now i have to worry about if the kids are destroying a yard that isn't ours...getting into things they shouldn't play with...and starting fights with the neighbor kids...I feel like they are always in trouble...I feel like I'm yelling all the time...I feel like a bad mom...I had plans to take them all these fun places this summer but the truth is I can't take all 4 of them anywhere without getting to stressed out...I have been sick to my stomach all summer knowing Jeff wont be here and that I'm am playing single parent...I wasn't cut out to be a single parent and I admire those people who do such a great job with it...ON top of this all Skyler is going through some crazy stuff right now...I have tried everything I can think of to deal with him but nothing is working...I am always after him for something and he is out of control...I just don't know what to do anymore...He is going into the doctor in a few weeks for a full physical to make sure everything is OK and to see if there is anything we can do to help him out...I'm tired of yelling and yelling and yelling...I want to take my kiddos fun places and have a good time...Maybe I need help...I love them so much and I love to see them happy and it is killing me to see them so sad this summer...Today they were good most of the day so we went to the park with some friends...It was so nice to just let them play and relax...on the way there i kept thinking what am i doing this is going to be a disaster....but in the end they all behaved and didn't even throw a fit when we left...

OK i know this was long and just something i needed to get off my chest..so thanks for listening...my goal this week is to have fun with my kids and not yell...OK now that everyone knows i have to stick to it..hold me accountable...ask me how i did...

Here are a few pics from our evening at the park...


Sky, Ash, and Hayden playing in the water...

Xander wasn't really sure of the water so he mostly played in the grass...

Ashlynn said the water was colder under the bucket...

Skyler loved sitting on the water while it was coming up...

Hayden just loves to run and run...He was so cold from being wet, but he didn't want to get out of the water...his little lips were blue...

6 comments:

Sonnet and Cameron said...

I am so glad you came too! Hang in there my dear, you are an amazing mom with a lot on your plate right now. I don't know how you do it! It was so nice to see you!

Julie Carr said...

Karen, we all go through this. I did. It is hard and you get to the point that you let eveything slide or nothing even the small stuff. You will get through this and will be stonger for it. I am. You need some you time, not having Micheal watch the kids while you pay bills. Something just for you. Get Brittany over there to babysit, and do something. OR just have her come to the park with you. It will help to have someone else there to run herd on you kids. The kids look like they had fun at the park. Do that over and over if they liked it so well and did good. I wish I was there to help but I know you can do this. Know that I am here to talk to. I know what you are going through. Love you lots. Try whispering next time you feel like yeling, see how the kids react, whisper over and over until they react to you.

Mary Child said...

OH MY GOSH Karen, I totally feel your pain. Kids are HARD, that's why I'm always complaining about it on my blog. I yell WAY too much too, and feel like a crappy mom because of it, and don't know what to do with whining, fit-throwing, competitive kids. These things go in cycles though, and when Jeff gets home you will have a little reprieve and all will be well again. You're just in the middle of the storm right now, and your friend Julie is right: we all go through this! Just remember, "This too shall pass..."
I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Motherhood is SO HARD sometimes!!!

kim said...

Take it from someone living the single mom life to 4 kids--it gets easier. You are a great mom and sometimes we just yell more than others times. If you can get away by yourself a bit, that is a life saver. I used to live for Saturdays. Now I am more or less used to doing this by myself and don't stress so much. Hang in there, it will get better. I only a cll or email away if you need to vent!!!!

arah said...

I am glad to see that you aren't holding it in. It always seems like things are going great with you, when you really need some support. You looked relieved at the park and your kids had a blast, even if Ashlynn stuck Zander under the water bucket.
If you need some adult conversation, Brinley would love to play while we chatted.

Laura said...

I only have 2 and it's crazy, I couldn't imagine 4 of them....It is good to know that there are other mom's out there having a hard time at this mother stuff :)

Loved the photos!!!