Sunday, November 11, 2007

She is Beauiful...


I want to start this blog entry by saying Thank You to Matt, Arah, Brinley and the rest of their family for letting me be a part of Olivia short precious life...It was truly an experience I will cherish forever...What a sweet little angle our Heavenly Father sent to your family...I am comforted in knowing that my little Sierra has a best friend in heaven with her now...Arah...You are a ROCK!!!...I am so blessed to call you my friend...Matt...What a great Father and Husband you are...Arah is blessed to have you as her eternal companion...Brinley...You are going to be a great big sister, and Olivia will always be by your side...
When Arah first told me about her baby my heart sank for her...I cried a lot for the first few weeks knowing a tiny bit of how they felt...I tried to think of what was most comforting to me when Sierra died but nothing was coming...The only thing I could think of was to just be there for anything their family needed, and hope that they knew I would do anything I could for them...Then Arah ask me to be at the hospital with them when they had the baby to take pictures...I told her I would be honored to do it...Over the next 3 months my emotions were on a roller coaster...There were days when I thought to myself, what was I thinking when I said "Yes"...I can't handle this...I was worried that I would be too emotional and not be a good support to Arah...But at the end of the day I was always comforted and knew that it would be ok...As I walked through the hospital on my way to their room this morning my heart was pounding and I just kept saying to myself, "I will be ok, you can do this."...When I entered their room The most peaceful calming feeling came over me and I could feel the spirit so strong...I knew Sierra was right there with me to hold me up...It was so amazing to me to see Matt and Arah's Tiny Little Angel Baby and know she just came from Heaven and was so perfect that she would be returning right back to Heavenly Fathers arms...Thank You again for sharing this with me...I hope and pray that some of the pictures I took will bring you comfort...I love you guys like my family...May God be with you until you hold your Sweet Olivia again...

3 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

Karen, I just wanted to thank you just for putting the little picture of her feet on. I look forward to seeing more pictures of this little angel. I don't know if you remember me. I am Arah's niece and one of Andrea's friends. I moved out of 22nd ward a little after you moved in. Thanks again for being such a great friend to arah. She sure needs someone like you at this point in her life.
Love
Betsie

Laura said...

Beautiful photo! Karen you have a way with your photos!

Thanks for making me cry! I could feel the love and spirit in this post! You are an amazing woman!

arah said...

Karen, this is Arah's mom, Lana. I need to thank you for being there for Arah all these past month as well as now. You've been such a source of courage and strength, because of sharing your precious time that you had with your little angel Sierra. And sharing your experience when you lost her. Arah was able face this last Sunday as well as the rest of this week that is still ahead. I am so grateful that you were there at the hospital. The pictures are so perfect and is everthing that Arah wanted, your timing was perfect and captured the exact picture Arah wanted. What a dear and wonderful friend Arah has in you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend for my wonderful daughter. I Love You, Lana