Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Tree


This year we decided to put the tree up a lot earlier than usual...we usually don't put it up until a week before Christmas...I know that's late but id rather not fight with the kids over touching the tree...so far they have been great...It has been up sense Saturday and no casualties yet...(tree or children)...We have a tradition in our family, as I'm sure a lot of you do, to buy the kids a new ornament every year... Something to represent their year or a character that they really like...then when we decorate the tree the kids get to take turns putting their ornament on the tree...It is so fun to see them get excited over all the different ornaments they have and to tell them the story behind them...We also buy sierra one every year...They kids get even more excited to put hers on the tree...

When I was a kid we would decorate the tree as a family...Putting the ornaments where ever we wanted...then with out fail after we had gone to bed my mom would redecorate the tree...making sure all the larger balls were on the bottom and the smaller ones were on the top...there weren't 2 on the same branch...no 2 colors were close together...lol...i love it...that's mom for you...well i must have inherited that, because until this year I have done the same thing...But this year I just left it...I think it gives the tree personalty (it sure needs it)...we will see how long i can stand all the ornaments on the front of the tree...

3 comments:

kim said...

I do the reorganizing as well. Not too much, just try to balance it a little more. We do the ornament thing as well. This year I got a little sad thinking how empty the tree will be when the kids start leaving. Anna assured me I have at least 10 years before she leaves us. Then I got to doing math, 10 years + 6 ornaments = another tree!! Our tree tends to lean towards Disney and Superhero. And Noah has about a million Noah's Ark ones.

arah said...

Brinley helped me this year, and has rearranged the tree soooo many times. It drives me nuts. Brinely likes to play with the ornaments like they are toys. I find them all over my house. Luckily, I didin't put up any glass ones this year.

kim said...

My kids play with them too and it makes me go bonkers. I guess I am asking too much for Superman and Batman to remain on the tree and not be played with.