Friday, November 2, 2007

a sad good-bye


Tonight we said good-bye to my sister, Julie and her family...They are moving to Ninilchik Alaska tomorrow...This has been really hard for me...We are really close and I'm going to miss her a lot...But as an adult I understand that we will be able to see them again and talk on the phone...My Skyler is having a hard time with that concept...This is what happened...As we left their house tonight i was doing really well fighting back the tears that were stabbing my eyes like swords...Skyler from the back of the van started saying, "Mom I'm really going to miss them." Cory and Chris are his best friends. Then a few minutes later a little chocked up, "Mom I'm really going to miss them. Are we ever going to see them again?" I assured him we would while I fought the tears back even harder. Then he was quiet for a while so I thought that would be the end of it. When we got home we unloaded the van and went into the house. Skyler looked at me and said,"Mom I'm really going to miss them."and then he lost it... I don't think i have seen him cry like that in a long time...sobbing he wrapped his arms around me and wouldn't let go...by then the flood gates were open...we sat on my bed and cried together for about 30 minutes. After a phone call to daddy I thought he would be ok but every hour or so he looses it again and starts crying...My heart breaks for him...he spent the evening writing letters to Cory and Chris about how much he already misses them an cant wait to see them...

We love you guys...Drive safe and God be with you till we meet again...

1 comment:

arah said...

yeah Karen...you joined the blogging world. Now just think of it as getting all your journaling done for your scrapbooks. I will miss your sister too.