Tuesday, November 6, 2007

One Who Soars


Tonight has been really great...I went to grief counseling with Arah...What a great experience...It is nice to know that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing we went through...For those of you who don't know here is a little of our story...On June 8, 2003 I gave birth to our 3rd child... Sierra Elizabeth Pixler...She was perfect...At 2 weeks old we found out she had some problems with her heart...So when she was 3 weeks old we went into the hospital for a heart cath... The doctors were unable to fix the problem so 2 days later Sierra had open heart surgery... Her body didn't react well to the surgery and she got sicker and sicker...On Aug. 3, 2003 Our Heavenly Father called Sierra back home to live with him...She was 8 weeks old...Tonight i got to listen to other stories of mothers who lost their babies and share with them how i have dealt with the loss of my own baby...How very grateful I am to have the gospel in my life...


I'd like to give a shout out to Mike...Thanks for watching my kiddos!!!

2 comments:

arah said...

Karen, I am glad you were able to go with me. It is amazing how much it helps to talk to others who are going through a very difficult situation. I hope you find it as comforting as I do.
We need to get together and watch the DVD and so that I can pick your brain for ideas for the funeral program.
i love you, my dear friend!

Wendy said...

Hi Karen,

Its good to see that you blog too. Your kids are so big! Its crazy cause the last time I saw you you only had 3 kids and now you've got 4. I can see how that would make life crazy.