Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Reunions, Black Eyes and all the good things in life!!!

This past weekend we had a big Family Reunion...I didn't know most of the people there but it was fun...We had it in Chewelah Park...It's about 45 min north of Spokane...There is a Creek that runs through the park that the kids got to play in which was nice because is was 101 deg there...After the reunion was over the kids and I went out to my Grandpa's house in Athol Idaho and met up with my cousins to go Huckleberry picking...WE drove up into the mountains and found lots of berries...Some where on the way down the mountain I poked a hole in my tire so we had to put the spare on...in the process we broke one of the lugs off...I had to drive home very slow so it took me an hour and a half...Sunday we went to church and just relaxed around the house...I made Huckleberry Freezer Jam...mmm mmm mmm...It is sooooooooooooooooooo good...Hayden was running and tripped over a toy and hit his head on the bed...He got a huge goose egg on his head...The pictures don't do it justice...Then not 15 min later he was running once again and fell and got one behind his ear...poor kid...Other than that we had a nice quiet weekend...lol...Jeff is off to Coos Bay Oregon...Back to single parenthood for me...

This is a picture of my Mom and Dad and all their Kids and Grand-kids that were at the reunion...That is only half of us...


Xander, Hayden and Ash in the creek...


Xander fell in face first...He wasn't to happy about that...the water was a little cold...


Hayden's head...you cant really see but the bump is huge...

3 comments:

arah said...

it sounds like an eventful weekend.Poor Hayden.
We missed you yesterday at the park. We will have to get together and scrapbook while we let the kiddos run around. Let me know what your week looks like.

Julie Carr said...

Give Hayden's boo boo a big kiss for me. Sad that I missed the family thing but it was longer than 45 mins for me.

Stephani said...

hey we go there too! on the way home from our family reunions up in Colville, it's always tradition to stop at Chewelah Creek with family that's headed back this way and have a chicken picnic. Fun spot.