Monday, August 4, 2008

5 Years!!


Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of Sierra passing away...I can't believe it has been 5 years already...It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in the hospital with her hoping and praying she would come home...I am thankful everyday for the blessings she brought to my life, and the lessons she taught me...I am a stronger person because of her...

I just wanted to give a Happy Birthday Shout out to all the Kiddos born that same spring and summer that I got to snuggle and love and watch grow up...Have fun in kindergarten...

5 comments:

arah said...

i didn't realize that was yesterday. for some reason, I thought it was the
8th of August. Was she born on June 8th?
I hope you guys got to spend some time with her. I think maybe Brinley and I will stop by later today.I also hope that yesterday wasn't too hard for you. I can't believe how fast time has gone by...
Are you going to the MISS Meeting tomorrow?

Karen said...

im not sure if i can make it...jeff just left today to go back to boise...I havent made it up to visit yet...im thinking ill go this evening with sky and ash...she was born june 8th and passed on aug 3rd her funeral was the 8th of aug...

Mary Child said...

Wow, what a crazy thought that it's been 5 years already. Sierra's funeral was the first time I'd ever met Kim Stoddard, and I was embarrassed because I could not get myself together. I cried & cried & cried and was such a mess that I'm sure she thought I was crazy. Your beautiful little Sierra; she made such a HUGE impact on so many people Karen! Thank you so much for sharing your life with us, and know that you are in the prayers of many. We love you!

Heather said...

Hi Karen!!!! I just saw your comment to me. Your post is so sweet!! Time flies. Wow I had not realized that it had been 5 years. You can email me at bananafofanana(at)gmail(dot com)

arah said...

you may have to stop by me house on the way to the game. my mom has to pick up the tickets in the morning and she said that she wasn't sure she would get them to me in time to bring them to the playdate. Also included is free hot dogs, soda, ice cream and popcorn for each of you :)