Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our day.....



  • Today my mom and I took the kids on a little day trip...My mom needed to go up north to their trailer to get their camping stuff for the 4th of July...the trailer is up past Kettle Falls so it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get there...we loaded the kids up and headed out...we got there and started to move the tarp off the trailer and notices very large muddy bear paw prints all over the tarp....we see bear up there all the time...but we have never seen this before...it was kinda cool....after we loaded all the camping gear up we headed back into Colville to have a picnic in the park...I had fun telling the kids all about what the park was like when i was a kid and we played for a few hours...then it was back in the car....we stopped on the way home at baby depot to buy a gate for the top of the stairs...i also picked up a white shirt for Skyler...when we got home the kids were bouncing off the walls....BOING...BOING...BOING...oh my gosh just sit still for 2 seconds while i find church clothes for tomorrow....Yeah that's right I'm planning on going to church tomorrow...so any way... next thing i know i hear Ashlynn screaming her little head off...I walked out of the room to find her head bleeding like crazy....it stopped quickly but she had a small gash that was wide open and probable needed a stitch or 2...luckily my wonderful mother was still there so off to the ER ash and i went...It was crazy packed....after 45 min we were seen in the check in area...where they told us we could wait 2 1/2 hours or I could go home and steri strip it....so that's what i did...I gave her a little Tylenol and we are calling it a night...all the church clothes are laid out for morning and I'm hoping all goes smooth in the morning...good night for now

5 comments:

arah said...

geez, you have had quite the week without Jeff. Hope you can make it to the scrapbook nihgt today. It doesn't start until 5:30...maybe you got the email.

Mary Child said...

Karen, what a great post! We are going camping on the 4th too- I'm excited but also dreading it a little with our THREE kids.

And, for whatever it's worth, I complain about church EVERY week, and we didn't make it this morning b/c I just couldn't get my butt out of bed. If not for my kids, I wouldn't bother going at all. There's no way I'm getting into heaven, but since there's still hope for my kids, I keep trudging onward...

Sorry about Ashlynn's little mishap; way to steri-strip it! That poor little girl in a family of boys... will she survive?

kim said...

Gotta love the adventures that happen everyday in our lives. But you have to really love those little butterfly bandaids. When Noah bashed his head on th ecorner of the sink in the bathroom at Target (he was spinning round and round while waiting on Kevin--doesn't everyone do that???)we had to shave some of his head and put those little guys on. Looking back, we probably should have gone to the hospital. I'm too lazy.

How was church?????

Cindy said...

Karen, you have had a crazy life for sure these past few weeks, moving, trips, kids getting hurt, husband gone. I'm surprised you haven't gone LOCO. You are a strong woman. Hope the next few weeks melo out for you

Uberly Ewe said...

Hi Karen, It is Brenda. Not sure if you remember me. My husband Bryan and I moved to the south hill almost 4 years ago. I just found your blog and I had no idea that you blogged. I have been blogging since 2005. check it out when you get a chance.
Hope things get smoother for you too soon.
I am off to read more of your posts.