Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sad Good-bye


Today was the last day for Huckleberry's Paper Patch...I'm sad to see it go...not because I am worried about where I'm going to buy my supplies but because I have a lot of great memories there...here are just a few...

Teaching Classes- I love to teach and Huckleberry's gave me the opportunity to teach what I love...

Making Friends- I have made friends there that will last a lifetime...

Learning- I have learned so much about scrapbooking from Joyce and Connie...

Working with my Sister- I loved working with Andrea (Andy)...

Employee Crops- Joyce you treated us like queens and I don't think you got the credit you deserve, thanks for all the fun stuff...

Friday night crops- good times, good times...

National Scrapbook Weekend- Crazy Store, Fun auction...

But my best memory of all...

All night Crops with the Shopko Girls!!!......

Huckleberry's was there for me and my family when Sierra Died...And that means more to me then I could ever tell...

Thank You Huckleberry's for a great 10 years...

5 comments:

The Barney's said...

I was so sad when I got the closing doors letter in the mail a couple weeks ago. What was the main reason?? I was just so shocked!! Very sad for Joyce I am sure.

How are you karen Pixler, besides busy getting ready to move?

Karen said...

the rent on the store is going to triple at the end of may, and the cost of shipping is getting really high...


we are doing really good....I will be in boise for 2 weeks this summer...i'll be getting there the 27th of june and stay untill july 14th...

Karen said...

we will be in evergreen ward with y parents and the kids will go to adams elm

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more Karen. I have made lifelong friends from my 3 years of working with Joyce at Hucks. I've met wonderful women that I can safely call my friends and I will be forever grateful. I am still sad though. Good luck to John and Joyce.

Mary Child said...

Oh Karen, even though I have been gone for four years, I was sad to hear about Huckleberry's closing too!
I also have great memories of that place. Is Joyce going to do something else or is she closing up altogether?
I'm so glad you're back in blogging world!