Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Super Stress...

I'm starting to feel a very heavy load building on my shoulders...

Skyler has been pushing his limits and struggling with anger, depression, and so many other emotions...Jeff and I are not sure how to help him and have completely run out of ideas...We have decided that he needs to see a counselor before it becomes something bigger...I am feeling extremely overwhelmed with this right now...We had a 2 hr appointment with Spokane Mental Health today and they are sure he qualifies for services...

ok breath...I keep telling my self this...but my chest feels heavy...

Lets pile a little more on my load, it isn't heavy enough...

Last year we found out that Ashlynn was really struggling with reading...She was tested at a year and a half behind...We (as in Ashlynn and I) worked out tails off studding and working extra hard so she could catch up enough to pass 2nd grade...Our work paid off and she was moved on to 3rd grade...She started 3rd grade at a beginning 2nd grade reading level...This qualified her to get 21 hrs of reading tutoring from Sylvan Learning Center...She thrived and made so many gains in the Sylvan program...But we are now learning that she is not making progress in the right areas...Letters and numbers are still being formed backwards, Hand writing is still extremal hard to read, Spelling is almost un readable...I have been pushing for 2 years to have her tested and finally they are listening...She may have to be in Special Education Classes to get extra help...She works so hard...It kills me to see her struggle so much with simple reading...There are days she comes home from school and all she does is work on school work and read...

There are days I want to just stay in my bed and not deal with it...Honestly that is most days...But I cant...I'm forced to get up and be a wife and mother...I feel like I'm drowning some days...There is so much going on...I have a feeling we are in for a long summer of tutoring and appointments and a million other things besides fun...I know its a ways of but I'm dreading it...

SUPER STRESS...it hurts...

5 comments:

Amanda Impett said...

You are amazing parents for helping your kids trust me on that. I wasn't helped at all and struggled emotionally from age 10 until now. Damian wasn't helped at all through school just passed along he was someone else's problem and now he has struggled to get in school. I know it seems hard right now but you are doing the right thing for your kids. Trust your instincts you and Jeff are awesome parents. Hang in there.

Kris said...

Karen I am sorry to hear you are having such a struggle. I know that you can make it through because you are a super woman. I love you and will keep you in my prayers. Keep fighting for those kids they were sent to you for a reason. Ride it out you can do it.

Stephani said...

Aw Karen, you are such a good mom. Your kids are so blessed to have someone who cares so much and pays attention to their unique needs. I'm sorry you've been feeling such a heavy load through it all though, and so sorry you were so sick yourself. That must have been so scary for all of you to think it might be your heart!
I know I don't live as close these days, but I hope you know that if you ever need to call on me for anything, I'd be happy to help.
(I totally miss when you guys just lived a few doors down!) :)

Stacey said...

I'm sorry you are going through some tough times! Hang in there though. You can do it! You are a strong woman and a great mom. I love you!

rsgoldget said...

Japanese developer Taito and Left 4 Dead creator Valve are working on a new entry in the series for Japanese arcades, according to teasers on?Nesica.net.Previously known only as Project Z, the title has since been revealed as Left 4 Dead: Survivors. No other details about the game were provided, though the website lists "2014 outbreak coming soon."Valve and Taito previoysly collaborated on Half Life 2: Survivor, an arcade game based on Half Life 2. Released in 2006, the arcade game featured a Story, Battle and Mission mode for players to explore.In February, Taito released a Japanese teaser trailer for Project Z featuring zombies roaming the streets. You can watch the trailer below.