Friday, March 21, 2008

TIME OUT!!!

Sometimes we as mothers, Wives, Taxi Drivers, and all the other rolls we play as women in this world need a Time Out...

After a week of 4 really sick children and 1 sick hubby I needed a Time Out.....

After cleaning up messes and changing diapers and drying tears and stooping fights and doing home work and making dinner and watching barbie movies over and over and doing laundry and all the other things i do very day I needed a Time Out...Don't get me wrong I love being a mom but sometimes I need a Time out...SO for my Birthday I got tickets to the Time Out Life Seminar and Time Out for Women....and a hotel room at the Spokane Club with my mom my aunt and my cousin.... Skyler didn't want me to go....he got very emotional so I told him I was going so I could learn to be a better mom, wife and person.....He kept crying and told me I was already a better mom.....so sweet...
.

Time out was AMAZING!!!!....I cant even begin to explain the things i learned and the spirit i felt....I have heard Some of the talks before but I took new things from them....The speakers were speaking to me....


I have never laughed so hard and cried at the same time in my life...

My mom got really sick and missed almost of Saturday....Kris took really good notes for her...Sorry mom...

Andrea got to come for Friday night and Saturday....It was fun to be there with her....just like
EFY!!!....

After Time Out I was glad to be back in all the rolls I play....

And yes I am a better mother...just a little but i have to start some where....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Karen. Sometimes mommies need time-outs too. I believe it, and it does make us better mommies. I have a night out with lunch/dinner & a movie. Works wonders for me. Good luck.

Cindy said...

I was at time out on saturday. Lots of people went I see, but I didn't see anyone I knew. Loved every minute of it. Lucky for you that you got to go both days and have a hotel room for the night. What a great birthday present

Julie Carr said...

I am sad I wasn't there. It sound like a wonderful time you had. I love the pics they help me be there with you. LOL

Mary Child said...

Karen, I'm having a time out right now: it is 12:50 am and I don't want to go to bed b/c it's the only time I'm alone! I too get VERY overwhelmed by all the demands of motherhood; it seems so hard sometimes... I guess I really need to go to a time-out for women the next time they have one. I could use some inspiration and encouragement! Glad to see the pictures- How is Andy by the way?

The Barney's said...

I need a time out like that too!!!That was great you got to go and do that and how fun to do it with you family (the girls). Sorry the kids and jeff were all so sick. I hate that!!! lori